Sunday, February 24, 2013

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast Recipe

Today we are trying another Pinterest recipe. I bought a pork roast to make Barbeque Pulled Pork sandwiches and then I changed my mind. I went looking for a "something different" recipe and found this one by the Six Sisters. They have tons of good recipes on their web site so check them out! ...later..after you read mine..haha


http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/12/slow-cooker-parmesan-honey-pork-roast.html

I checked my ingredients and I had everything on hand so I made up this recipe and it's in the Slow Cooker now.

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast Recipe
Ingredients:
1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (or use a liner like I did) Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. I also made mashed potatoes and the gravy was delicious on them!.


 
My ingredients


Doesn't look like much sauce but the roast
has fat in it that will add to the juice
 
DONE!

My pork roast was a little over a pound and a half so I cut this recipe in half and there was plenty of sauce. There are over 150 reviews of this recipe and maybe 10 were negative but what the negative ones said was that it burned so I watched this closely throughout the day to make sure there was plenty of juice and there was. Slow Cookers cook differently so make sure you know if your pot cooks hot or not. My old one cooked VERY hot and fast so I had to watch it closely. I love my new one that I bought at a yard sale.

This pork roast was SOOO good!!! I did not do the last step with the cornstarch to make the gravy. Next time I will, just to try it that way too. I just spooned the juices like they were in the pot right onto the finished meat and it was fantastic! Hubby ate this with brown rice. Jonathan and I had Raman Noodles. There is even a little bit left over for one more meal.
Highly recommend this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment