Monday, April 15, 2013

Crispy Cheddar Chicken


I have featured this recipe before when I made Parmesan Chicken. I took Jamie's recipe and changed it just a little to make a totally different recipe. This time I made it like the recipe because it is SO stinkin good this way too. My parents came to visit and I wanted to have a nice dinner for them but I needed something quick and easy since I worked all day and then had some last minute chores to do before they got here. I passed off one of the chores onto Jonathan as he made the brownies. YEAH! I have to add here that he really isn't feeling well since it is Spring and he has allergies but he made them and they were fantastic!
Anyway, I digress...
This is where I got the recipe from.. I found this web site from Pinterest and she has great recipes!
Crispy Cheddar Chicken

Time: 15 minute prep + 45 minutes baking

Yield: 7 servings

Chicken:

4 large chicken breasts

2 sleeves Ritz crackers

1/4 t salt

1/8 t pepper

1/2 C milk

3 C cheddar cheese, grated

1 t dried parsley

Sauce:

1   14 ounce can cream of chicken soup

2 T sour cream

2 T butter

  1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.

2. In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers. (I only used 1 sleeve)

3. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.

4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs.

5. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.

6. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.

7. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.

8. Into a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.Enjoy!
                        My ingredients I only used one sleeve of Butter rounds (Walmart brand)
 and it was plenty. I also used McCormick Rotisserie Chicken seasoning which is not in the picture.
 
 Grind up the crackers. It's a mini food processor so I do a few at a time.

 Line up the pans with the milk, shredded Cheddar Cheese and cracker crumbs with the salt, pepper, parsley and Rotisserie seasoning in it. Dip the chicken in each pan pressing the cheese and crackers onto the chicken. After all the chicken pieces are coated I sprinkle the rest of the cheese and cracker crumbs on top. I didn't have much left. Then I sprinkled a little salt, pepper, rotisserie seasoning and parsley on top, covered with foil and put in the pre heated oven.

 
I baked this for 30 min. covered, then I turned the oven up to 450 so I could put the garlic cheese biscuits in to bake and baked them both for 10 min or so. If you do this watch the chicken cause it will burn!
 
 I took  2 cans of green beans and 1 can of corn, drained them all and poured them in a glass 8x8 baking dish. I sprinkled a package of Italian Salad dressing mix over both vegetables and then put a few pats of butter over that and put that in the oven with the chicken to heat.
 
After I took the foil off of the chicken and put the biscuits in the oven I took the can of Cream of Chicken soup, Sour Cream and Butter and mixed them up in a small sauce pan until it was hot. When the Chicken came out of the oven I served up the chicken onto plates and then poured a ladle of this sauce over each persons serving of chicken. This recipe is phenomenal! You HAVE to try it!
 
My parents came about the time dinner was ready to come out of the oven so I served it up and we ate it so there aren't any *after it came out of the oven* pictures...oops...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment