Thursday, March 28, 2013

Orange Dreamsicle Cake


This is our recipe for the day. I found it on my Facebook page. I think it came from a Pampered Chef consultant but not sure. Oops...
ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE

 Ingredients:

 1  Pkg Yellow Cake Mix

 2 small Pks Orange JELL-O

 1Large  Pk Vanilla Instant Pudding

 1 Cup 2% Milk

 2 Tsp Vanilla

 1 Tub Cool Whip

 
Directions:

 Bake the cake as directed in a 9x13" pan. Let cake cool completely. Poke holes in cooled cake. Mix 1 package orange gelatin dessert with 1 c. boiling water and 1 c. cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Mix pudding mix with cold milk the other package of orange gelatin dessert and vanilla. Beat by hand with a whisk until thickened. Fold in the whipped topping. Frost the cake with the pudding mixture. These instructions will make a single layered amazing cake that is delicious!
                                     I used a white cake mix. I
                                         don't think white or yellow would make
                                        any difference except with the white cake
                                              you only use the egg whites.


                                      So, this recipe my favorite tool
                                              is my Tupperware egg separator!!
                                                   How handy is that?? Love it!

 
You bake the cake as per the box directions
 Let it completely cool. Then poke holes. I used
the end of my wooden spoon. After you pour the Jello over the top
You put it in the fridge for 4 hours. Then you make the frosting.
The frosting says to mix the pudding with 1 cup of milk. This made the pudding VERY thick right away but I kept going and added the box of dry Jello and mixed that..Didn't look very good and it was VERY thick...I added the vanilla and then folded in the cool whip. Oh my goodness it was delicious!!!!

 
This cake was ok. I think next time I will poke smaller holes. The big blobs of jello to me was like eating wet cake or not done cake. Jonathan and Bobby loved it. Maybe I just need another piece..teehee

 

2 comments:

  1. My husband makes a cake kind of like this except he uses strawberry jello in the cake, and tops it with just plain whipped topping and strawberry slices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he mix the jello in the cake mix? Sounds great with the fresh strawberries!

    ReplyDelete