Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Mother's Day and Breakfast Pizza or Casserole

Most of my loyal readers know that I have a great son. Just a warning..this post will be me bragging about Jonathan.  He is 20 now but he lives at home while he is going to college. He is the best son a mother could ask for.  He doesn't have a drivers licence yet so I take him to school every morning and pick him up every day after work. This gives us at least 2 hours a day in the car to talk. We talk about everything and nothing. Sometimes one of us will say something and the whole rest of the way home we are giggling about nonsense.

 Some days, I will have to admit, something goes wrong and I will "lecture" him all the way home. I HATE it when I do that but sometimes I can't stop myself. It is important to me that he be the best he can be and he has SOOOO stinkin much potential and I HATE for him to fritter his life away...ok..no..I'm not going to lecture here!! I want to brag about all his wonderful characteristics but unfortunately I will probably forget to mention half of them.

Let's see...he is smart and witty..LOVE the witty part..well...and the smart part too...he is So full of unusual trivia. Sometimes he works with me for the catering part of the company and we will be driving home after working 18 hours together and he is so tired but he starts spewing unusual facts..for instance...

Ajax dish detergent..is named after Ajax a Trojan Warrior known for his strength and the Ajax dish soap's slogan is "Stronger than grease" (Greece..see it's a pun). 

The human liver will grow back even if 2/3rds of it is missing. 

Aphrodite is the only Greek God not related to any of the other ones...

During WW2 in order to combat the German tanks, the allies tried to develop sticky grenades but had to give it up because not only did the grenades stick to the tanks, they stuck to the solder trying to throw the grenade. He said "that there is what you call a sticky situation"..you see, very educational.

Anyway, he is extremely helpful here at home (when he wants to) He helps with the cooking when I have long days at work.  He also has regular responsibilities around the house. He helps me with the computer too. I'll be sitting with the laptop and accidentally hit a button and I can't fix it..I don't know what I did..so I call Jonathan out of his room and he says..just hit this and see all fixed..yeah! A computer whiz right here..he learned some of that from his father. Bobby is a computer whiz too.

Of course we have pictures!

 
This was the day he graduated from High School.
2011

2012
 This was taken on my Birthday last year.

 
He indulges me with the constant picture taking!
This was taken last year at Universal Studios.


2012
 
This is Jonathan and I in front of our hotel in Florida...teehee..
Nooo that is the Harry Potter Hogwarts School at Universal Studios
 


2013
He has fun with his Aunt too. She bought one of these candy pacifier looking things for each of them. One for the Aunt, one for her 9 year old son and of course one for Jonathan. He never said a word of no I won't put that in my mouth for a picture! He just took it..unwrapped it and was ready for the pictures!

And of course we had to push our luck by
adding the pink bunny ears to the outfit!
 
The weekend of Mothers Day, Jonathan had a friend over so they could play video games but on Sunday Jonathan got up early and made me breakfast. He planned on making me corned beef hash and an omelet but I didn't know that and we ate the Hash on Saturday. Oops. So, Jonathan and I worked on this Breakfast Casserole together. He did most of it I mainly took the pictures.
 
Here's the recipe:
 
Breakfast Pizza from Cooks.com
 
 
Sorry, they have the site protected or something and I can print but I can't copy and paste the recipe like I usually do. All you have to do is click on the link and it will take you right to the actual recipe.
 
                                                Breakfast Pizza
ingredients..eggs, crescent rolls, frozen hash brown potatoes (not the shredded kind), cheese (I use a combination of sharp cheddar and Monterrey jack), Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire Sauce and sausage.(or real bacon pieces or ham or a combination of all three)

 Here's my boy happy to make me breakfast!
He is cooking the sausage
We make this in a 13x9 dish instead of the pizza pan like the recipe says. Spray the pan with cooking spray then lay the crescent rolls down and seal the seams. Top it with the one pound cooked and drained sausage, then the 1 cup of potatoes (Jonathan browned the potatoes in the sausage grease cause the recipe says to thaw the potatoes and I never have before. Then sprinkle the 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese on top. In a separate bowl whisk the 5 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt,1/8 tsp  pepper 1/4 cup Milk and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce together.
 Pour this mixture over the sausage and cheese then sprinkle the 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan on the top. (To be honest we don't measure the cheeses we just add what we want.) Put this in the oven at 375 for 25 to 30 min.

Gratuitous cute dog picture!
 
This is always a hit!
We love this any day but it is quick and easy
for Christmas morning or when company is visiting too!
 
Then...not done yet! Then..Jonathan got the boneless Pork ribs out of the refrigerator and put them in the Crock pot with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue sauce and let them cook all day on low for our dinner that night and proceeded to do all the dishes before he went back to playing games with his friend.
 
Yeah me! No cooking on Mothers Day!!
 
 
Mothers Day
Jonathan and me
2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment