Friday, August 2, 2013

Chicken Crescent Rolls

Chicken Crescent Rolls
 2 cans of low fat refrigerator crescents ( I only used 1 can~Renee)
 1 can of healthy low sodium cream of chicken soup(26oz)
 1 cup fat free cheddar cheese
 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
 I boil my chicken breast then shred, roll out each individual crescent, place about a Tbsp of shredded chicken in center and roll it up.
 Bake on 350 for about 5 minutes until just starting to turn golden. Pour Cream of chicken over the top bake an additional 10 min top with cheddar cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.
 For more healthy recipes, tips, motivation and fun, join us here: Sheyrl's Weight Loss Support Group -- A Renewed & Healthy YOU!!
This is how I made the recipe. I took 2 smallish (yes, it's a word!) sized chicken breasts and boiled them in a pan on the stove with water and some salt. When they were done they looked so plain that I shredded the meat with 2 forks and then sprinkled some seasoning I had left from one of those  Italian seasoning packets you can get at the store to make salad dressing to add some flavor but you don't have to. You can add whatever seasoning you like. I followed the recipe and rolled these up and put them in the Pam sprayed baking dish with about a Tablespoons worth of shredded chicken in them. You could certainly use chicken from one of those Rotisserie Chickens from the deli at the grocery store to make this recipe even easier to make!
 
I only used one can of regular crescent rolls.
Next time I will use the can that says:"Bigger crescent rolls".
I baked them for about 5 min. then added one can of cream of chicken soup. (not diluted) These baked for about 15 min or so until
the crescent rolls looked almost done.
Then I sprinkled the one cup of Cheddar Shredded cheese on top and baked for about 10 more min. The crescent rolls will look nice and golden brown and not white and doughy. Then you know they are done.
 

 
These were very good. I will definitely make them again. We were very hungry so this was just enough for the 3 of us for one meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment