Saturday, July 27, 2013

Crock Pot Italian Chicken over Pasta and Lemonade Pie

My friend from childhood was coming to visit and I wanted an easy recipe that I could throw in the crockpot and not have to worry about while we were visiting. I also wasn't sure about what things she would like to eat so I wanted the recipe to be pretty basic. Denise had sent me some recipes that had cream cheese in them so I figured she would like that and most everyone likes chicken so this was my go to recipe.
 
 Crockpot Italian Chicken:
4 chicken breasts,
1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning,
1 8 oz. cream cheese (softened),
2 cans cream of chicken soup;
Cook on low for 4 hours. If sauce is too thick, add a little milk.
 Serve over pasta.
 
My ingredients. I didn't even get to take a picture of the final plate because we were hungry and we ate it all! Oops...teehee I will tell you though that this is a very good recipe and easy to make as you just put everything in the crock pot and let it cook. I softened the cream cheese and mixed it with the soup and the Italian dressing before I added it to the crock pot and the cream cheese was still lumpy but that didn't matter because it melts while it cooks. When we were about ready to eat I made the bowtie pasta on the stove top following the directions on the box and served the chicken on top of the pasta with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on the top. We has green beans and Garlic Cheese Biscuits with this.
 
Then for dessert I made this Lemonade Pie. I did make this earlier in the day and the recipe said to make it the day before. It was runny so I put it in the freezer for several hours. It was very good frozen. It was tart!
 
"I HAVE MADE this before...and it was YUMMY!!! and I had forgotten about it! only 4 ingredients...and SOOO easy! (and creamy and cold...perfect for those hot summer days!) Make sure to share to your wall so you can find it later!" Someone posted this and it appeared on my Facebook wall~~Renee
Lemonade Pie

 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade (USE HALF OF THE CAN. The ones here are 12 ounce cans)

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip or whipped cream (you need extra to go on top so I would get 2 containers or one larger one~~Renee)

1 graham cracker crust (I buy this all ready made)

Use mixer and mix all ingredients until fluffy. Pour into ready made crust. Refrigerate until firm. I let it set overnight. This can also be made with limeade too or pink lemonade. Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip and garnish with lemons.


 I found this recipe on Welcome Home
Ok so I just now figured out what my problem was in making this pie!!! Yeah!! If you follow the link on here it will take you to the recipe and you can read the reviews written by others who have made this recipe. One in particular was VERY helpful. She pointed out that the recipe calls for 6 ounce can of lemonade and our cans are 12 ounce! Duh...silly me. That is why my pie shell wasn't big enough and it was way too runny. Oops.
 
My ingredients
(Walmart should pay me for all this advertising huh?)


This is how much mix I had left after I filled my pie shell and it was VERY watery. So, at least I know now that I used twice as much lemonade as I was supposed to. The pie did freeze in the deep freezer and I served it frozen and we all liked it but it was very tart. I figured if I had had extra cool whip to put on top that might have helped. I will make this again....the right way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment