Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pams Casserole

My sister (Pam) is a OB nurse and a Farmers wife. Her 2 boys are grown men now and have wives of their own. Sometimes she cooks for them and this is the recipe they always want her to make for them. She gave me the recipe over the phone and I quickly jotted it down so I might not have it just right but it turned out good!
 
 
 
 The ingredients are: One pound of ground beef (I used very lean ground beef)
                                8 ounces of cream cheese
                                1 can cream of mushroom soup
                                1/4 cup ketchup
                                1/4 cup milk
                                1 small can of biscuits. (these are the ones you find at the store wrapped up in a package of 4
 
 
Brown the ground beef
on top of the stove in a frying pan or skillet
add salt to taste.
Cut the cream cheese into cubes
and add to the cooked ground beef.
Stir until the cheese is melted
and blended with the ground beef
 
 
In a bowl whisk together
the cream of Mushroom soup,
 milk and Ketchup
add to the pan with the beef mixture
and heat it all up
 
Spray a 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray
Put the beef mixture on the bottom
and then bake at 350 for about 20 min.
Remove from the oven
and place the 8 biscuits on top
Turn the oven temperature up to 400
Bake until biscuits are done.
 
 
I put 8 biscuits on top and figured I had made a mistake and she used 2 cans so I squeezed another can on top too but that was wrong. You really only need one can. They expand and would have filled up the whole top. This was another meal I fixed when Denise was here visiting. We really liked it but it was not enough for the 4 of us. I should have doubled the recipe and made it in a 13x9 pan. I figured 1 pound of ground beef would be enough for 4 people but there wasn't enough meat mixture and too many biscuits. I just gave everyone several biscuits and divided the meat mixture up by 4 and hoped everyone got full!  Hubby went looking for more and I had to tell him it was all gone.  Oopsy At least I know he liked it
Thanks for the recipe Pam! We will be having this one again!
 
UPDATE! My sister reminded me this is supposed to be served over rice or egg noodles!

2 comments:

  1. This was very good. I want to make it for supper sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! :) And thanks, I don't have the recipe written down anywhere yet!

    ReplyDelete