Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chicken, Red Potatoes and Green Beans

Welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Today is another one of those LONG days so Bobby is making Taco Salad for himself for dinner and I threw this together for Jonathan and I. Bobby is not a huge fan of Chicken. This is one of my FAVORITE recipes that I found on Pinterest.

http://pinterest.com/pin/433753007830644614 The whole recipe is right there with the picture and it really is just that easy.

 
Here are my ingredients. There are only two of us eating this tonight so I am only cooking 2 pieces of chicken and am using an 8 x 8 glass baking dish sprayed with Canola oil so the dish is easy to clean. Yeah!  I didn't use all of those potatoes either. I had 3 left over. I used half of the Italian Seasoning Package, the whole can of green beans and half of the stick of Butter melted. The red potatoes I washed and cut into 4 pieces then I drained the green beans and placed them in the dish like this. I sprinkled half a package of Italian dressing mix over everything and then drizzled the melted butter over it all. I sprinkled about a tablespoon of real bacon bits over the potatoes and green beans because everything tastes better with bacon right?



Then I covered the dish with aluminum foil and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour. Done! This recipe is really easy to adjust according to how many people you are feeding. I had company over and made this for the 6 of us and just used a larger dish so I could fit it all in. This dish is done when the potatoes are soft and the chicken registers 165 on a kitchen thermometer. If you don't have one I highly recommend you get one. They are not expensive at Walmart and come in handy when trying to determine if chicken or pork are done.
 
Stick the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to check. These pieces of chicken are not very thick so I put the thermometer in at an angle making sure it stayed in the meat to temp it.


It's done!! Yumm

Let me know if you try this recipe! We certainly enjoyed every bite!
Renee

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely going on the list for next week! It looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete