Monday, January 14, 2013

Socks and Graycie

Today you get to meet Socks and Graycie. As you know, I have to start the story from the beginning.

When I was a kid my parents let me have a cat or at least 3 different ones. So, when I got an apartment my last year of college I adopted a cat and have had one ever since. Several different ones..not the same one...That would be an extremely OLD cat! Anyway, I digress.  Last January I lost Fancy. She was at least 13 years old but it was still very hard. Then in March we lost one of our dogs...and that was extremely hard.

My sister and my parents live in Ohio and were planning to come visit in June. My sister's husband and grown sons own an Organic Dairy Farm (well, I think the sons mostly run the farm now and the hubby sells Organic cheese made with their grass fed cows milk) Anyway....they have a lot of "barn" cats. Pam (my sister) was telling me on the phone that they had some really cute new baby kitties hanging around her porch. She kept going on and on about how cute they were. My Mom emailed my hubby and asked him if they could bring me a new kitten for my birthday when they came to visit and he said yes. They ended up bringing 2 because they were SO close. They are brother and sister and they curl up and sleep together and are totally inseparable. My Mom, Dad and sister came to visit and brought both cats so I could choose which one I wanted. They were both so adorable that we had to keep both! Got to love my hubby! He is a patient man. Socks is a lot more playful and ALWAYS looking for trouble to get into. Graycie can't stand to be separated from Socks. If one is in one room and the other gets shut out, they will holler until you open the door and they can be in the same room. Graycie does this more than Socks but he will too. I think sometimes he is just too busy getting into trouble to notice she isn't there!

One time I went to go to the bathroom and noticed that the toilet seat was very wet. Water was splashed all over it. Then I found Socks who was also VERY wet and frantically taking a bath! I laughed SO hard and then made a new rule that all toilet seats must remain closed. Poor Socks had fallen in the toilet! Sorry no pictures of that one. Socks also got ahold of the box of new cat litter and dumped it in the bathroom and slung clean (thankfully) litter ALL over the bathroom floor. There are SO many stories but let me introduce you to the baby kitties.
                                           
                                             SOCKS  (June 2012)
 
Socks and Graycie June 2012
 
Socks and Graycie learning the IPad with my Mom
Socks actually got the cards to move!
 
 
Always together
 
Socks wanted to lay on my lap so he layed down on top of Graycie!
 
This is the collection of ornaments they had under the tree. When I took it down I found them. We took the tree down on the 28th because hubby found several broken ornaments around the house.
 
 A friend calls her Zombie kitty
She looks scary in this picture!!
 
 
Graycie LOVES licking and chewing hair.
 

 
Socks is "helping" me color my hair by holding the directions down.
 
Socks is "helping" by getting cat hair all over the grocery shopping bags.

 "Someone" we don't know who....knocked over the paper shredder and had strips of paper all over.
 
Me: "Socks!!! What did you do????" Socks: "What? I made you a heart cause I wuvvvv you!!!" This is how I found Socks and his masterpiece. I didn't touch it at all except to clean it up of course. It was almost a full roll he had un rolled.

 
New Years Eve we all watched movies together.
 
Thems my babies! I'm sure i will be talking about them a lot more...just to give you a heads up on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment