Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bonelss Pork Ribs

Hello! Today I am going to post a recipe. This one is SUPER easy. My favorite recipe blogs that I follow always have step by step instructions so here it goes:

List of Ingredients:

1 pack of boneless pork or beef ribs
about 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
some salt and pepper
1 small bottle of your favorite Barbecue sauce
I used our favorite Sweet Baby Rays from Walmart
1 CrockPot/Slow Cooker liner made by Reynolds found on the aisle with the foil wrap and film wrap and ziplock baggies at Walmart..usually on the very bottom self next to the oven roasting bags. I NEVER Crock without them!!

 
 
The package of boneless ribs says "Boneless Country style ribs" but you can use bone in ribs if you want.
Put the liner in your crockpot. Place the ribs on the bottom but not touching the edges if you can help it. You can cook however many you need for your family. This size pack is enough for just the 3 of us.
My ribs were still mostly frozen but I was able to break them apart to put them in the crock pot.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garlic powder, flip the ribs over and sprinkle the other side too.
Cover with the Barbecue Sauce (in the picture the bottle of Sweet Baby Rays is a large bottle and I only used half and saved half for next time. Depending on how many ribs you use as to how much sauce you use)
See? They aren't drowning in sauce just covered. Cook on LOW for 6 hours if you are only cooking a few like me or 8 hours if you cook a couple packs. The ribs have fat in them and they will make the ribs "saucy"
And..done!! I will serve this with brown rice and corn. I use Minute Rice and just follow the box directions but I use the extra rib sauce from the crockpot in the rice to add flavor. I'm not such a fan of brown rice but hubby likes it. The corn I use can corn. We like the kind that says "sweet corn" and has white and yellow corn in it. I add Butter (NOT margarine) and some salt and pepper to the corn. That's it! Easy dinner tonight!

Now, I can't end this blog without a funny story. Jonathan and I went out for lunch today after church. (Yumm!) They sat a table with several children right next to us. It was kind of crowded and the table was pretty close. The cutest little girl was sitting there and enjoying her lunch. Then there was this sound...brrrr rrr  rrrr. Jonathan and I looked at each other and he said.."don't you dare laugh!" I didn't..I was good..until we got to the car. I said "was that you making rude noises in the restaurant?" He said..,"NO! and I don't believe it was you either unless you are a  FART TRILAQUIST!" HAHAHA Can you imagine being a ventrilaquist and doing that?
On that note I think I will end this. Have a blessed day/night!
Renee

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love the story at the end, I just had to laugh! and I really love the *real* step by step instructions and how you tell us why you do what you do. The pictures of each step are wonderful. I showed my husband this post and he's excited to try it out!

    Thank you, Renee! I can't wait to see what's for supper tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete