Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pizza Night

I know, I know, I got a little behind on the posting but I have been thinking about you 'cause I have been taking pictures to blog about! teehee

Friday night was make your own pizza night. When Jonathan and I were grocery shopping we were looking for our favorite brand of pre-made pizza crust and they were all sold out. I told Jonathan to remind me before Friday to stop at a regular grocery store and pick up the crust but he saw some "make it yourself" packets that all you do is add water to so we decided to try them.

List of ingredients:

2 packages Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix
1 bag Mozzarella Shredded Cheese (4 cups)
1 jar Pizza Sauce (next time we will try a different brand. Walmart brand was a little watery and not much taste) We only used half of the jar.
your choice of toppings. We decided we would make
Bacon Cheeseburger
Ham, Pineapple and Bacon


The crust was easy to make. All we did was add water, form a ball and cover for 5 min. You do need to have a little flour ready to dust on your hands so you can spread the crust onto the pizza pan. It's kind of sticky. Follow the directions on the package and make sure you spray the pizza pans. Mine are non- stick pans but Jonathan sprayed them anyway and it's a good thing. One of the edges didn't get sprayed and he had a hard time getting it off the pan, onto the cutting board so we could cut it. (We don't cut on my non-stick pans)

 
Spread with sauce.

 
Add toppings.  I sprinkled the Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza with some Garlic Powder and some Italian Seasoning.
 


 
Next time we will add more Canadian Bacon (Ham) and leave off the Bacon from this Pizza. All we really tasted was Bacon and Pineapple which was still very good!


                                            YUMMY GOODNESS
 
This was quick and easy. I think we will use this crust mix again instead of buying the expensive pre-made crust. I'm pretty sure the mix was $1. They recommend you don't pile on too many toppings since this will make the crust soggy. I'm not sure that we used all of the 4 cups of cheese since I had an open bag that I used first but we had plenty of cheesy goodness on there.
 
This made plenty of pizza for the 3 of us with some left over for Jonathan's Saturday morning/noonish breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment