Monday, January 7, 2013

Making a 2 week menu and shopping list

Hi there! So nice of you to come and read my blog! Unfortunately today has been a really long day and nothing cute or funny happened and hubby is in charge of dinner since he was off from work and Jonathan and I have been gone for 13 hours today.

So, I will tell you about my menu system. I have been doing this for a couple years now and it makes grocery shopping a whole lot easier. i make up a menu from payday to payday. So, for me this is what I do. On a large sheet of paper I make 2 columns.

Sat


Sun


Mon


Tues


Wed


Thurs

Fri

(Remember that's in 2 columns..Can't figure out how to do that on here.) Then I start to fill it in. On Sat and Sun I am home most of the day so I try new recipes or make recipes that have more steps. Lets fill it in
Sat
Cubed Steak (yummm)
Mashed potatoes
Corn
Rolls (yes I know this is all starch but I love this meal!!)

Sun
I want to try this recipe
http://rachelschultz.com/2012/07/11/worlds-best-chicken/
but we will have what I call box noodles with it

Mon
On Monday it's always a long day so I try to keep it simple and Bobby will be back to work so we will have something simple
Ham
Macaroni and cheese

Tues
Tues and Wed are always Taco salad night for Bobby and Jonathan and I have some thing else..I never said we aren't weird! haha

Wed
The  other really long day so something else simple for Jonathan and I and Taco Salad for Bobby (1 # of lean ground beef makes 2 salads for him so I cook the meat on Tues and he reheats on Wed. Jonathan has Hot Pockets usually or those Completes meals I have a sandwich

Thurs
Chicken and Green bean Casserole
http://pinterest.com/pin/433753007830644614/
Oh my goodness this recipe is SOOO good and EASY..try it!!

Fri
Friday is always PIZZA
This is either freezer pizza from Walmart or I buy the stuff and we make it here at home or if I 'm too tired..I can make it at work (pay for it) and bring it home to cook. I did this this past Friday and after I made the pizza I almost had to cook it to sell and start over! haha

Now as I'm filling in the menu, on a separate sheet of paper I am making my grocery list. I kind of put the list in the order I come to these things in Walmart. When I walk in the door I head to the right to the shampoo and razors or whatever I need over there..then to the back of the store to the pet food..then to paper goods and then over to milk and dairy...then down the aisles...cereal, chips,...and so forth..your Walmart may be different I just find it easier to put the list in the order that I come to things. Cuts down on oops I forgot something and now I have to go ALLL the way back to the opposite side of the store. I also find it very helpful to bring my 6 foot tall son with me to reach all that stuff on the top shelf that I can't get too! haha This is what we have so far (plus a few extras I know we need)


 Then you just keep going and fill in the other column.

Sat
Chicken Parmesan
Angel Hair Pasta
Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Sun
Meatloaf
Baked Potatoes (I'm going to try this in the Crock Pot this time. I've heard they are excellent
Peas

Mon
Left over meatloaf sandwiches
carrot and celery sticks

Tues
Taco Salad
Completes

Wed
Taco Salad
Grilled Cheese and Soup

Thurs
Spaghetti
French Bread
Tossed Salad

Fri
Homemade Pizza

And....DONE!! Now you don't have to wonder what's for dinner when you get home or wander thru the grocery store wondering what you might want to cook in a week and a half! YEAH! You are welcome..hahaha

Renee










No comments:

Post a Comment